Saturday, April 5, 2008

When We Meet Again

How will I know you?
Will it be that I can hold you in my arms
After holding you in my heart
for so long?
Will you whisper my name
"Mommy"
In the sweet voice of a little girl?
Or will you cry out like a quiring orchestra
in glorious awakening?
Will you wrap your tiny arms around my neck?
If you do,
I will never let you go.
I am sure I will know you
When our eyes meet
My shattered heart will fill with joy
And we will dance on golden streets.
Will you tell me
That it's been you all along
Protecting and caring for us?
Surely, I will know you
When we meet again.
Because fifty years from now
You will still be my little girl.

-Joanne Cacciatore

2 comments:

Dr. Joanne Cacciatore said...

I'm so very sorry about the death of your precious child. There really aren't words.

Liz said...

joanne - thank you for coming to Shannon's blog and thank you for all that you have done for mom's like me. Your writings have been a source of strength for me, and I thank you for putting into words what so many of us feel.

Liz