Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Things that make you go grrrr.........

So today I got home from work and there was yet another envelope from my health insurance company. I've come to dread these envelopes, because while my health insurance is fabulous, I think that they must want me to have a healthy baby as much as I do, given how much they have paid in medical expenses since January 2007 for my three failed pregnancies. So, I open today's envelope, and lo and behold, it is the bill from my ob/gyn for my delivery of Shannon. Except that my insurance company denied it. Apparently because it was accidentally coded as a voluntary abortion, which apparently my insurance company does not cover, except in cases of rape and incest. Whatever. But I get disproportionately angry anyway, because after all I've been through this year, struggling to have a live child, that this automated machine thinks that (1) I'd voluntarily terminate the one that got farther than the others and (2) that I'd be stupid enough to go to an expensive private doctor to do it. I'm not commenting on abortion. I express no views on whether it is right or not. I am just mortified that I got a letter accusing me of voluntarily terminating my child. And now I will go to the doctor's office tomorrow and tell them that, if they want to be paid, then they will recode and resubmit their claim because otherwise they are chit out of luck. This is stupid.

No comments: